Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY - Gold Tube Necklace (Pt.1)

Hi Everyone, I'm so excited to debut our first DIY project submitted by a very talented graphic designer, Kristine Lacanlale, who will be featured sometime in the coming weeks! Kristine was so kind to let us see how she made these wonderful pieces. Stay tuned because tomorrow I will be posting a DIY on a matching bracelet! 


...

After arriving home from a summer abroad in England, I wanted to give gifts to my closest friends as a way to thank them for their support. I could have easily bought something, but I wanted it to be special, handmade and chic. So when I saw similar looks of this bracelet and necklace on Pinterest, I just had to make it. This delicate gold bar necklace and bracelet is the perfect addition to any outfit and I’ve already made it my go-to piece for my favorite season—Autumn! Here’s the how-to so you can make it for yourself and your closest friends! 




Step 1. Begin by measuring the desired length of your chain. I measured my necklaces to be 18” long.



Step 2. With your pliers in either hand, gently pry open one of the jump rings. Hoop the spring clasp and one end of the chain to the jump ring, then gently close the jump ring to complete your perfect circle again.   


Step 3. Slide your gold noodle tube through the chain.


Step 4. Again, using your pliers, gently open the second jump ring and hoop the other end of the chain to the ring. Close the jump ring to complete a perfect circle.




And if you’re giving them out as gifts, why not make your own packaging right? With torn book pages, glue, a needle, some thread and a little bit of imagination, I made these cute packaging to hold my jewelry. You can easily use wrapping paper, newspaper, and maybe even some fabric if you sew the seams in to avoid it from fraying. Now, go get creative! It’ll make the world a happier place. If you have any questions or would like to place an order, shoot me a line at kristine@red-letter-stationery.com! I’d love to hear from you!



Here are a few links to find the supplies featured in this DIY post:


Wire 
Pliers/Wire Cutter Tool Set

Also, Kristine captured these Photographs by iPhone 4 Edited with VSCO Cam iPhone App

-Little Woodland Friend









No comments:

Post a Comment